You’ve got an operational company. You’ve raised money from an investor. That investor asked for a set on the board of directors. You agreed. Now what do you do? What does a board of directors do? How often do they meet? How do those meetings work?
Reading from Feld.com
Brad Feld is one of the most prolific startup investors in the world, a co-founder of the TechStars accelerator, and multiple entrepreneurs have told me he’s an awesome board member.
- The First Board Meeting
- Great Board Meetings
- The Best Board Meetings
- What Makes an Awesome Board Member?
- Getting the Most out of your Board of Directors
- Sample Board Meeting Minutes
Reading from Both Sides of the Table
Marc Suster doesn’t blog as often as Brad Feld, but nearly every one of his posts is worth reading. Here’s Marc’s series on startup boards:
- Startup Boards
- How to be a Good Board Member
- Should All of Management Attend Board Meetings?
- Who Should be on Your Board?
- The Role of Independent Directors on Boards
- Board Observers
- High-Functioning Boards
- How to Prepare Before Your Board Meeting