I love teaching, but no longer have a class of MBA candidates to teach each week. To make up for that, I answer questions on Quora. A few months ago I posted some of my most popular answers. Here are some more:
- Why do so many startups fail?
- What aspects of the financial statements should an entrepreneur care most about when starting a business?
- How do you complete a bottom’s up sizing analysis for startup due diligence?
- How do profit entrepreneurs always avoid risks and abrupt changes?
- Why should I write a formal business plan rather than just sketch out my ideas if I am not seeking any outside funding?
- What’s a typical referral fee for finding an investor?
- What are the most common pitfalls of startups between Series A and B?
- What is the WeWork drama all about?
Topic: Fund Management / Investing
- How do you start a fund?
- What do investors understand that many startup founders don’t?
- Where do investors meet entrepreneurs?
- What makes the top 10% of founders different?
- How do investors value a company?
- Why has money replaced the barter system?
- Why are central banks buying more gold?
- How is Apple the largest publicly traded corporation in the world by market capitalization but not the largest company in terms of revenue?